Every Genius Has A Tinge of Madness

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Mind Monsters

This is the article mentioned in the previous post

NOTE: No part of this work is in reference to a real person, living or dead. Even as some of the views and points might be shared by some of us, the characters and backgrounds are purely fictional.

They eat at my head or rather they chew it and tear it apart. I wonder if this happens to anyone but me. I wake up and anticipate a new bright day. I realized I hadn’t done my homework. After stuffing my breakfast in my mouth, I rush to a place which feels like a battlefield. I am the warrior whose armour has been knocked off and who’s still trying to fight back. I see my friends in the frontier. My warm feelings crash as I realize that they won’t look at me. A teacher approaches me, unmistakably to bombard me with questions about my homework. I used the simple excuse that my hamster had eaten it. She forgave me as she was very familiar with the diet of my hamster. My mates approach again and we smile at each other and – GOODBYE. Now, home sweet home. My mom asks me to study. I say I have a headache. But I really have is much worse. I lay on my bed not knowing what to worry about first. I go to my neighbour’s house. Now there’s someone who actually talks to me. I then play, eat, drink; the only things I look forward to in a day. Unable to control my mouth, I blurt a few of those worries to my friend. Now she calls me a worrywart. Add that to my list of worries –

People. Am I invisible, or what? Seriously, what was I put on this planet for? I practically slog through every day.

Schoolwork. Pure clutter for the mind. Except if you study, of course.

Family. Um. What would I do and how would I live without them? I actually love them…

Moving on outside this prison of a body, there’s Global Warming. I gotta increase the speed of my fan every single day. I sweat. And because of a couple of trees and that irritating slippery plastic.

The water tasted like ferric oxide mixed with jell-o and cow dung in our last school trip. Let’s hope it can’t get worse. With factories that manufacture scratchy, slippery PLASTIC going into the drains.

World Hunger and Terrorism. People die. A hundred more are born on the second. But that’s overpopulation. We all are light eaters, you see. There would be at least one big blue truck that can serve as a restaurant. Sadly, no trucks I see are the colour of deep blue. Which I happen to like. And the groups of psychos trying to incinerate us. I am not venturing out of the house tomorrow and will not let my family to too, in case there’ll be an eggshell dropping on my head. Then again, there may be a bomb dropped on my house.

Being called names…including a worrywart….

I could go on, but I don’t want to add too much to your list of worries. Hope we can all do something about them. So after my routine I sleep, vanishing the butterflies fluttering in my stomach and the dragonflies round my head. Shutting myself to the world.

Yes. That’s it. It does sound like it’s written by a person in the early stages of a chronic depression. Please do not take any behavioral examples from this, except maybe the (very slight) sarcasm. If you can relate to it, then it’s time to get into some basic therapy. Not the world problems part. The personal part.

No comments:

Post a Comment